Digitization and the digital transformation are major topics of the day. But if you ask what exactly digitization is, what it is for, and how it can be implemented, opinions quickly diverge.
The "Community of Practice - Digitalization" wants to clarify this, determine the state of the art and identify suitable tools especially for project management, if necessary also design them. In cooperation with you and our partners, we would like to help raise awareness of digitization in project management. We will not only look at current trends, but also try to confirm or reject hypotheses on criteria, benefits and maturity levels supported by research.
We have an agile mindset in the community and approach the topic in an open-ended way, we illuminate the first steps of "digitization" (the transformation of analog into a machine-readable format) up to the "digital transformation", the establishment of completely new business models. For this purpose we conduct e.g. surveys and use the experiences within the community and the One German chapter.
Become part of the community and exchange ideas on this exciting topic in the community. Be part of shaping the project management of the future.
“You cannot predict the future, but you can create it.” (Peter Drucker)
The community would like to address the following topics_
- Digital future of project management
- State of the art in project methodologies and tools
- Artificial intelligence in project management
- Promoting awareness of necessary digitalization in PM
- Social and economic consequences and opportunities of digitalization
- Data protection and information security
- Digitization KPIs
26 Oct and 09 Nov 21: Will artificial intelligence replace the project manager?
14 Dec 21: Challenges of digitalization for associations and non-profit organizations.
With your support, we would like to create an offer for a platform through which we regularly inform about our findings on the latest developments and their impact on everyday life on the One German Chapter website and corresponding LinkedIn group.
As a participant, you will benefit from the network that will be built within the community. Be part of it from the beginning and shape the future offer of the community together with us.
Events on various topics concerning the orientation of our community will take place at regular intervals in various forms.
We don't have any fixed dates yet, but we will announce them promptly in the run-up to planned events.
So we will give you an outlook about the topics we are currently working on in the community, especially about the
- Structure and design of the CoP
- Survey on the state of digitization in Germany
We are always interested in receiving topic proposals and actively participating in the community. Simply contact us or apply for membership in our Community of Practice - Digitization in Project Management using the following form.
This Community of Practice is organized by
- Mirko Blüming, graduate physicist, PMP, SAFe, ISO/IEC 27001 Implementer, is founder of CoP Digitalisierug. He has been leading projects in IT and software development for over 25 years - using traditional, agile and hybrid project management methodologies. His personal interest is the simulation of project workflows and the applicability of machine learning in project management. For the last three years he has additionally specialized in information security and ISO/IEC 27001 certifications.
- Marco Steidel, PMP, PMI-ACP, SAFe, is an experienced senior IT consultant with more than 15 years of professional experience in various industries. His focus is on classical and agile project management in the environment of global IT outsourcing projects with high demand for automation, cost control and IT security. His passion is to mediate between the classical and agile world of project management as well as to promote the digitalization of individual work steps that serve the work as a project manager and ensure project success.