The PMI Germany Chapter is growing and expanding. Do you know that you can help us grow and develop the PMI Germany Chapter? We have volunteer opportunities that will allow you to do so!
We need volunteers willing to commit and donate their time. You and your know-how are valuable for us to continue growing and advancing the practice, science, and profession of Project Management in Germany.
Volunteering with PMI Germany Chapter also gives you, in return, the opportunity to continue growing your own skills and professional network while working alongside high-caliber professionals in Project Management from diverse industries. In addition, you earn PDU’S credit towards your PMI re-certification.
And what else is involved in volunteering can be found below or here:
What is in it for you?
All services provided at the PMI Germany Chapter are available thanks to the commitment of our volunteers, members, partners, and sponsors. This is what makes our chapter strong, while creating many advantages for our volunteers.
As a volunteer of our chapter, you will:
- develop in your profession
- try out and get to know new things
- strengthen your self-confidence
- advance the best and coolest way of working to shape our future
- do something meaningful
- build your global network with like-minded professionals.
- expand your leadership experience and skills.
- earn PDU’s credit towards your PMI re-certification.
- be able to document your involvement in PMI's Volunteer History.
- get a volunteer certificate confirming your activities.
- Enjoy working with high class colleagues.
- Willingness to embrace opportunities for professional and personal growth.
- Some of your time, even a few hours per week.
- Lots of energy and a positive attitude.
- And most importantly, interest in project management.
Membership in the PMI Germany Chapter e. V. is not mandatory but can be advantageous.
How to get involved?
You can find all available volunteer opportunities on our website, just click here. If you have questions or do not find a position that fits you, and you are interested in volunteering with the chapter, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
Our current volunteer opportunities are listed here: Find Volunteer Opportunities
How we experience our Volunteer Community
On the one hand, we have our own volunteer community platform. And on the other hand, there are virtual volunteer events and also some in presence - in our regions.
Volunteer Event 2022
At the our virtual volunteer event 2022 there was an >>> interview with Lucila Dotto, PMI's Chapter Engagement Manager in Europe.
Volunteer Event 2023
And at the last virtual Volunteer Event 2023, our President Dr. Andreas Berning conducted an interview with Brantlee Underhill, Chief Community Officer at the Project Management Institute:
A few words about Onboarding
In onboarding, we know three steps:
- First: Meet and Greet with the searching person, also a volunteer of the chapter.
- Second: Questionnaire, with GDPR, Allowance for the chapter to use your data, Allowance for the chapter to use your volunteering results. Besides this, of course you will be asked for your name and your mail address, and if you are a chapter member (don't worry, you can volunteer as non-chapter member, too. However, some roles require membership in the PMI Germany Chapter).
- Third: Onboarding and Onboarding Closure (entry to our Volunteering platform, the collaboration and document sharing for Volunteers in Teams, and our Volunteer Community, office license from the chapter, when needed).